Share Your Smiling Face
Volunteering for the Ann Arbor Summer Festival is a rich and rewarding experience that allows individuals, friends, co-workers, and families to participate by ushering, greeting guests, distributing information, collecting donations, and performing other helpful tasks.
People of all ages and abilities are welcome to volunteer. In addition to an invaluable behind-the-scenes festival experience, all volunteers are eligible with each completed shift to earn complimentary tickets to select Mainstage performances and other insider perks, including special hospitality areas and more.
Ushers provide a valuable service to the the festival by helping to ensure the comfort and safety of our patrons at each indoor performance. Responsibilities include greeting patrons, taking tickets, handing out programs, assisting patrons with finding their seats, and giving directions. Please contact Juli Pinsak at email@example.com with questions. The 2019 Mainstage Usher application will open in late April.
Greeters at Top of the Park
Greeters serve as the first line welcome for visitors entering the festival grounds. Responsibilities include answering questions, giving directions, distributing festival guides, collecting patron donations, and most of all, making our guests feel welcome! Greeters typically work in pairs, so it’s a great opportunity to help the festival while making new friends or sharing the experience with old friends. 2019 Greeter sign-ups will open in early May.
Festival Footprint Initiative
In 2018, we made a commitment to become a zero waste event over the next two to three years. Implementing new three-stream waste stations requires guidance from human beings like you. We need volunteers to guide festivalgoers when tossing out their compost, recycling, and landfill items. Individuals and teams welcome!
Team Volunteer Opportunities at Top of the Park
We’re looking for groups to sign up as a team of volunteer greeters at Top of the Park. Greeters play an essential role in the festival’s success by welcoming attendees, sharing insider performance information, helping with first aid, collecting on-site donations for the Keep TOP Free campaign, and most importantly, being the first and last ‘welcome’ for a positive patron experience. We need you!
Each participating team will be assigned its own shift at Top of the Park Tuesdays through Sundays, June 14 – July 7, 2019. Teams volunteer in shifts from 5 to 7:30 pm or 7:15 to 10 pm. The festival goes until midnight – feel free to stay and enjoy!
With different organizations & social groups volunteering every night, this is a great opportunity for your organization give back to the Ann Arbor community. As a greeter, you can win nightly prizes including Mainstage tickets, free drinks, and free food while being recognized for your commitment to our community!
Volunteer Team Benefits – Est. Promotional value ranges from $500 – $1,350. See all the benefits here!
A special thanks to the following groups who participated in our 2017 team challenge:
- Tiny Buddha Yoga
- America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (ABCE)
- Black & Veatch
- Washtenaw Technical Middle College Robotics Team (WTMC Robotics)
- Maker Works
- Reinhart Realtors
- Cherry Republic
- Kapnick Insurance Group
Festival Street Team
Help spread the word about the Ann Arbor Summer Festival! By joining the festival’s street team, you’ll be helping distribute important promotional materials such as festival guides, brochures, and posters throughout the Ann Arbor area and beyond. Beginning in May, enjoy the ease of volunteering on a flexible schedule in the weeks leading up to First Friday and throughout the duration of the festival. Contact our Community Engagement Intern Taylor Tucker-Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
Select Volunteer Benefits Include:
- Complimentary tickets to select Mainstage performances
- Nightly prize giveaways
- Behind the scenes access to Ann Arbor Summer Festival operations
- Opportunity to represent the Ann Arbor Summer Festival as an ambassador
- Willing to work under supervision of festival staff
- Attend a volunteer orientation and training session prior to the start of the festival
- Volunteers signing up to usher must also commit to volunteer for an outdoor shift at TOP Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 734-994-5999.
- The Ann Arbor Summer Festival is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of any characteristic protected by law, such as race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, height, weight, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or disability as defined by law.